Science and Technology Studies (STS) explores the human dimensions of science and technology. We employ tools from the social sciences and humanities to better understand how science and technology develop, and how they can contribute to a sustainable, democratic, and just future for everyone.
Undergraduate degrees offered
STS degrees provide a liberal arts education for the 21st century -- combining the social science, humanities and technical education.
- B.S. in Science, Technology, and Society
- B.S. in Design, Innovation, and Society
- B.S. in STS Sustainability Studies
Graduate degrees offered
- M.S./Ph.D. in Science and Technology Studies
- Ph.D. in Science and Technology Studies
- M.S. in Ecological Economics, Values, and Policy